WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF COURSES?
Application for DMV (must be completed and signed by student and parents/guardians).
- Original birth certificate or US passport
- Written Test passing card (blue card)
- Social Security ID
- Proof of Address
For Full Details of Documents Required Click Here
TEEN SPECIAL: 2 PACKAGES
Accompanied by 1st Drive Driving Schools instructor to the DMV to obtain the permit, vision test, 3 sessions of 2 hours each behind the wheel instruction for a total of 6 hours. 1 to 1 instruction. Validation of the permit. Scheduling of road test. Certificate of insurance.
Starting Price- $270 plus $10 DMV permit fee.
A permit is obtained by an instructor, vision test, 3 sessions of 2 hours each behind the wheel instruction for a total of 6 hours. 1 to 1 instruction. Validation of the permit. Scheduling of road test. Certificate of insurance. *Must drop off original documents to the 1st Drive Driving Schools office.
Starting Price- $250 plus $10 DMV permit fee
*For Duplicate Permit “1st Drive Driving Schools” will charge $45. *Road test car rental available, prices vary based on pick up location.
Ready for Road Test
1st Drive Driving Schools certified Instructor will accompany the applicant/student at the time of road test to Driving Center and provide Brush-up lesson to ensure you have the skill needed.
We make sure you have the proper documents needed before leaving your house.
About Road Test:
You will tested on the following skills (including but not limited to);
- Starting the vehicle.
- Checking Signals.
- Holding the steering at the proper position (3/9 or 2/10 position).
- Complete Stop before the line and looking both ways before proceeding.
- Hand over hand turning.
- Straight reverse while looking over your shoulder.
- Parallel Parking.
- K-turn or 3 point turn.
- Speed control within speed limit.
- Recovery of the steering wheel after the turning.
- Have some basic knowledge of Vehicle (using defrost if needed).
- Checking for blind spots.
What you need to know before starting the Test?
- All documents must be in their original form. Your 1st Drive Driving Schools instructor will go over with you and explain the documentation requirements.
Link to NJMVC Site for complete documentation requirements
- Properly equipped vehicle includes;
Access to the brake or hand brake, signal light and brake lights must be working , no tinted windows, etc.
Usage of driving school car, a student must meet the driving school instructor at the DMV.
Starting Price- $80
1 hour of practice before the road test, usage of driving school car, and pick and return.
Starting Price- $110